Tuesday 4 April 2017

What is normal?

Three years ago everything was fabulous (well in rose tinted glasses looking back now it feels like it was but no doubt I was in a mood about something), one thing was for sure, I wasn't bloody ill.

3 bloody years, that's a hell of a long time. I didn't have a clue about the shit storm that was about to explode all over my life, wow, things back then were so different... the only medication I was taking was pregnacare...

Three years on I feel like my life is a constant stream of worry, uncertainty, niggling feelings, hospital appointments and cancer, bloody cancer. 

Three years is a long time, I think I was so naive to think all would be fine after radiotherapy, who knew about bloody menopause - the mood swings, hot flashes, aching bones, scans, follow up appointments, a regular immense shame during the night, stupid bleeding lymphedema arm, and if that's not bad enough, no I have to fracture my bloody leg and 12 MONTHS on it's still being a pain in the absolute arse.

Oh and then I go and trip over Denzel and hurt my knee. Brilliant. 

3 bloody years.

Imagine waking up and not having had cancer or any of the bullshit that follows,

Must be amazing.

Tomorrow I'll try not to be as moody, or angry.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment