Wednesday 6 September 2017

3 of 4 the final stretch 

So today's the day I get my expanders swapped for actual, real, permanent boobs!! Finally - ??? Days since they were chopped off and thrown in the bin (hopefully insinerated if I'm honest, bastard boobs) anyway today is the day!! Whoop whoop !!

It also happens to be the day that Arron goes on his stag, naturally, and so he is out of the country for 4 days.... good job I have my girls and my dad.

Speaking of dad he'll be here any second to take me so I'd best hurry up - I'm trying to do the whole I have no makeup on (=it's taken me 45 minutes of make up to perfect this look and I still look like shit...)

So dads gone, I've seen the nurse, anaesthetist and my surgeon (boo hiss the fit Reg won't be assisting today) but I now have 2 consultants operating on me - princessey or what! I have asked the age old question about taking more fat than they need (and suggested maybe a little (a lot) off the thighs, knees... arms.... chin...) and I got the standard nervous laugh reply, IM DEADLY SERIOUS! I have a wedding dress to wear in exactly 85 days, plus an abroad hen weekend with a load of skinny bitches...

So that's me done until after the op, did someone say general anaesthetic (whoop whoop)....


17:00pm

Ouch. No actually Jesus f-ing wept this is painful, have I forgotten how painful all the other times have been? Has my pain threshold disintegrated? Or is it because I'm massively overdue morphine, and no one will hurry the hell up with it - obvs not the nurses they are fabulous,it's the bloody doctors probably pretending that their all busy and shit. I NEED THE DRUGS. Ok now I'm being very princessey but I am also crying in pain whilst trying to hold it together because it's visiting time and I'm really missing the boy, 

Fabulous fabulous nurse got hold of a doctor and I've had a nice blast of the good stuff so now I just have to relax and wait for mom and Hollie to get here.


Fit.

But first it's dinner time... yum, what on earth.... I'm not a fussy eater, at all, but come on....



I can't decide if it's meant to be custard or some sort of a custard jelly ?? Think I'll stick to the tea.... 

So my visitors have gone, was lovely to see them -mom Hollie and Lolaah, and I've been stocked up with Diet Coke, crisps and picnic chocolate bars - yum. I now have that nice floaty feeling but the pain is starting to kick in on my hips from the fat transfer aka lipo, I'm loving the profile bed though - legs elevated not a swollen ankle in sight!!

Might go and get changed out of this gown and put my PJ's on, and obviously get a few pictures ....


They're so much softer than the expanders were, they feel like actual boobs! Never had bruising like this before though but I guess they've pulled the expanders out and then squeezed the new implants in, I can't imagine that they're very delicate when they do it ...

I'd forgotten how painful the fat transfer was, the bruising is already pretty bad, bad enough that I can't lie on my side anymore and my hips are soooooo swollen and rock hard....



But who cares - I've made a new best friend in the form of the night care assistant, she's kindly lent me him-


So now I can have a proper amount of tea rather than 3 mouthfuls ... arh maybe she's given it me so that I stop using the bell to ask for more tea.... who cares I'm happy

I might try and get a bit of sleep, the woman opposite went down to theatre not long ago so everyone will be woken up upon her return .....

03:00am

No chance of getting ANY sleep. Between the nurses chatting/opening and closing doors as loud as they possibly can, the poor lady next to me who can't get in and out of her bed on her own and the bloody mattress that beeps every 5 minutes for what seems like an hour, I'm lying here willing someone to come and ask if I want a drink ...


06:00am

To make matters worse it took 3 trips out of bed and pressing my buzzer twice to finally get some analgesia - 1 3/4 hours to be precise. Man it's painful, I'm nackered and I miss the boy. Yep moody pants are officially in situ.


11:15am

God bless the day nurse (Kath?) she's amazing, sorted out my pain relief got the pharmacist to come and sort my TTO's and turned that bloody mattress off!!!!! Amen to that!! Might get a bit of sleep now until it's time to go home...

Or I could stay awake and talk to the other fascinating women on the ward with me, I think I'll do that, sleep is over rated anyway, and the lady opposite me got married 2 weeks Ago so I need to hear all of the details and get some hints and tips....


1800

I'm home!! Well at mom and dads with lolaah and George and Barbara, just waiting for my Rhian to come and pick me up and get me home, can't wait to see her face and spoon in bed.

Sunday 10th September (very late and feeling very nicely strange from the meds)

I've had the BEST weekend!! Loads of wedding stuff sorted, have been looked after by mom and my girls and now I'm drinking tea and eating walnut, date and cherry cake in bed (thanks Grams), and thankfully I've had all my meds (as you can see in the picture below)..


Saturday was spent doing wedding crafts ( I watched mainly whilst being waited on - standard) Rhian did an amazing job with the table plan / name places / table numbers and the other girls have dresses up my jars with lace and various other bits and bobs - I love them! Then the bridesmaids tried on their dresses*- all looking gorgeous!! We even had help from the smalls 

*one bridesmaid missing 😢


I was well and truly spoilt ❤️


But to be fair the bruising is pretty painful and looks horrendous, hopefully this is it at it's worst and from now on it'll get better...


Sleeping is pretty much impossible even with the medication...


I am starting to feel better, well Hollie painted my toenails so all is well with the world once again phew. I just can't wait until I can lie on my side! I need to hurry up and heel - my hen party is just over 2 weeks away - I need these bruises to be gone and the swelling wants to do one too, literally can't wait to get Edna (my flamingo pool buddy) and float about in the pool, sun on my face, gin in my hand .... bliss 

But for now I have loads of wedding stuff to do, well that's when I'm not distracted by box sets.. and bloody online shopping, must stop shopping ... £300 SSP does not go far ... not sure I'm ready to delete my ASOS/Zara/Next/Topshop apps just yet - thank god BooHoo don't have an app... although my details are remembered when I go on the website via Safari - totally not my fault..

So hopefully that's it, all done - apart from nipples and possible hysterectomy but might give myself next year off, wow I have boobs!! I'm sure I'll write more especially once the dressings are off but for now, wow!! 🌈


No comments:

Post a Comment